Let’s face it: the speakers on your phone & laptop aren’t loud enough.
Grab this KIT & build a Mason Jar Speaker to play tunes from your smartphone & tablet. BUT WAIT: it’s also an electric guitar amplifier! Plug in & bust out those wicked solos. Great first project, you’ll have music after 22 solder joints & some simple assembly. Impress your friends with a speaker you built with your own hands!
Here’s what the KIT includes
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Toggle Switch with Hex Nut
- 2x 5mm Red LED
- 2x 3.5mm AUX Jack with Round Nut
- 2x 2-pin Straight Male Header
- Capacitor (1000uF)
- 3x Button Head Screw
- 3x Flat Head Screw
- 2 Inch Full Range Speaker
- Battery Holder (3x AAA)
- Laser Cut Wooden Top
- 3.5mm Spiral Cord
- Guitar Adapter (optional)
- Wide Mouth Pint Jar and Ring (optional)
Beautiful, easy to follow instructions on every device
- High Quality, High Volume Sound – ample sound for your bedroom, kitchen, or backyard BBQ. People are always surprised at the amazing volume and full range sound created by the 2 inch full range speaker and 2.4W amplifier (140 to 20 kHz).
- Compatibility – works with any device with a headphone jack (smart phones, iPods, tablets, etc). Also functions as an electric guitar amp.
- Daisy Chain – two AUX jacks allow you to chain together multiple speakers for louder and louder sound. The more the merrier!
- Fun for both beginner and advanced makers – check out the assembly video and text instructions below. Only 22 solder joints (basic soldering knowledge required). Assembly requres less than 1 hour from start to music. Recommended for ages 12 and up.
- Made in USA – high quality product with USA sourced materials, prepared in California by two dudes who love speakers.
- Modular Design – headers connect the speaker and battery pack to the circuit board, so you can easily try different configurations or replace a broken part.
- Sustainable Enclosure – most portable speakers come in a plastic box, which is a problem because less than 7% of plastics are recycled in the US. The glass Mason Jar is Earth-friendly because it is easily reused and recycled, plus you might already have one at home.
- Strong, High Quality Cord – connect your device, fits in any 3.5mm headphone jack. Use ¼” adapter for guitar.
- Long Battery Life – 3 AAA Batteries give you about 15 hours of jam time/easy listening (not included).
- What’s Not Included – make sure you have access to these items: soldering iron, solder, phillips head screwdriver, wire clippers, ruler and 3 AAA batteries.