Develop your maker skills as you build your own Mason Jar Speaker Kit!
Grab this KIT & build a Mason Jar Speaker to play tunes from your smartphone & tablet. BUT WAIT: it’s also an electric guitar amplifier! Plug in & bust out those wicked solos. Great first project, you’ll have music after 26 solder joints & some simple assembly. Impress your friends with a speaker you built with your own hands!
Here’s what the KIT includes
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Toggle Switch with Hex Nut
- 2x 5mm Red LED
- 2x 3.5mm AUX Jack with Round Nut
- 2x 2-pin Straight Male Header
- Capacitor (1000uF)
- 3x Button Head Screw
- 3x Flat Head Screw
- 2 Inch Full Range Speaker
- Battery Holder (3x AAA)
- Laser Cut Wooden Top
- Wooden Part Aligner
- 3.5mm Spiral Cord
- Trash Amps Guitar Pick
- Guitar Adapter (optional)
- Wide Mouth Pint Jar and Ring (not shown)
Beautiful, easy to follow instructions on every device
- High Quality, High Volume Sound – ample sound for your bedroom, kitchen, or backyard BBQ. People are always surprised at the amazing volume and full range sound created by the 2 inch full range speaker and 2.4W amplifier (140 to 20 kHz).
- Compatibility – works with any device with a headphone jack (smart phones, iPods, tablets, etc). Also functions as an electric guitar amp.
- Daisy Chain – two AUX jacks allow you to chain together multiple speakers for louder and louder sound. The more the merrier!
- Fun for both beginner and advanced makers – check out the assembly video and text instructions below. Only 26 solder joints (basic soldering knowledge required). Assembly requres less than 1 hour from start to music. Recommended for ages 12 and up.
- Modular Design – headers connect the speaker and battery pack to the circuit board, so you can easily try different configurations or replace a broken part.
- Sustainable Enclosure – most portable speakers come in a plastic box, which is a problem because less than 7% of plastics are recycled in the US. The glass Mason Jar is Earth-friendly because it is easily reused and recycled, plus you might already have one at home.
- Strong, High Quality Cord – connect your device, fits in any 3.5mm headphone jack. Use ¼” adapter for guitar.
- Long Battery Life – 3 AAA Batteries give you about 8 hours of jam time/easy listening (not included).
- What’s Not Included – make sure you have access to these items: soldering iron, solder, phillips head screwdriver, wire clippers, and 3 AAA batteries.
Warranty & Return Policy
All of our products come with a standard 60 Day Warranty and Return Policy. We will fix, replace, or refund your order within 60 days of purchase if it breaks or if it doesn’t suit your needs. We want all of our customers to be happy!
Extend the standard 60 Day Warranty up to 2 years when you register online (instructions provided after purchase). The Extended 2 Year Warranty means we’re happy to fix or replace faulty speakers, cords, battery packs which break during everyday use for up to 2 years after purchase. We also help troubleshoot problems during Speaker Kit assembly.
Our Extended 2 Year Warranty is an effort to help the planet. We commit to fixing our products so they don’t end up in the landfill.