Let’s face it: the speakers on your phone & laptop aren’t loud enough.
Grab this KIT & build a speaker to play tunes from your smartphone & tablet. BUT WAIT: it’s also an electric guitar amplifier! Plug in & bust out those wicked solos. Great first project, you’ll have music after 22 solder joints. You pick your own enclosure and determine how to mount the electronics inside. Impress your friends with a speaker you built with your own hands!
A fun video from our friend Steve Ramsey!
BOOM Box Amplifier! Explosive Sound For Your Tunes
Here’s what the KIT includes
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Toggle Switch with Hex Nut
- 2x 5mm Red LED
- 2x 3.5mm AUX Jack
- 2x 2-pin Straight Male Header
- Capacitor (1000uF)
- 3x Button Head Screw
- 3x Flat Head Screw
- 2 Inch Full Range Speaker
- Wooden Part Aligner
- 3.5mm Spiral Cord
- Guitar Adapter (optional)
- Guitar Pick
- Hole Template
- 3x AAA Battery Holder
Get the rechargeable battery upgrade! (add $10)
Upgrade includes 2200 mAh Rechargeable Battery, USB to header wire, and battery charging cable.
Beautiful, easy to follow instructions on every device
- High Quality, High Volume Sound – ample sound for your bedroom, kitchen, or backyard BBQ. People are always surprised at the amazing volume and full range sound created by the 2 inch full range speaker and 2.4W amplifier (140 to 20 kHz).
- Compatibility – works with any device with a headphone jack (smart phones, iPods, tablets, etc). Also functions as an electric guitar amp.
- Daisy Chain – two AUX jacks allow you to chain together multiple speakers for louder and louder sound. The more the merrier!
- Fun for both beginner and advanced makers – check out the assembly video and text instructions below. Only 22 solder joints (basic soldering knowledge required). Assembly requres less than 1 hour from start to music. Recommended for ages 12 and up.
- Made in USA – high quality product with USA sourced materials, prepared in California by two dudes who love speakers.
- Modular Design – headers connect the speaker and battery pack to the circuit board, so you can easily try different configurations or replace a broken part.
- Build Your Own Enclosure – got a great idea for a speaker enclosure? We provide you with everything else!
- Strong, High Quality Cord – connect your device, fits in any 3.5mm headphone jack. Use ¼” adapter for guitar.
- Long Battery Life – 3 AAA Batteries give you about 10 hours of jam time/easy listening (not included).
- What’s Not Included – make sure you have access to these items: soldering iron, solder, phillips head screwdriver, wire clippers, ruler and 3 AAA batteries.